Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Grocery costs

Alright, now that the grocery shopping is done for this week, the total cost came to $92.87.  Here is how it all broke down:

Breakfast: $6.48
Lunch: $6.28
Dinner: $32.46
Staples: $18.44
Buying ahead: $8.09
Splurges: $13.52 - This includes butter because darn it, I'm making cinnamon rolls!, egg rolls to go with the stir-fried noodles, and grapes that the school needed us to provide for a project.  Most of the cost is the grapes at $8.26.

Add some tax to all of that and you come up with me just under my weekly goal by $7.13.  Not too shabby.  Of course, I know there will be a trip to the store to get 2 more gallons of milk.

And here is where the buying ahead balances out.  To make the meals I have planned, I am going to need 3 pounds of ground beef and one package of bacon from the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment