Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekly Menu for 7/29

It is hard to believe that July is coming to a close. In two weeks, school is starting up again.  I can't believe how fast the summer has gone!  Because of our record-setting heat, we haven't been able to be outside as much as I like.  Hopefully the temperatures will start cooling off soon.  Of course, as we head into our traditionally hottest part of the summer, I think dreams of cooler weather will have to stay dreams for a while longer still.

As much as the weather makes me want to just hole up inside, I still need to keep this family fed.  And to do that with as little stress as possible, I need to stay on top of meal planning.  Even though it feels like a fair amount of work to put it together every week, I know that it saves me time and stress in the long run.  It really helps on any given night to just look at my menu plan and know that I already have everything I need for those items.

This week is going to be heavy on grilling.  There were several good meat prices, so I'm taking advantage of those and putting them on the menu for this week.  I know it isn't the case for all kids, but grilled meats are very kid-friendly in our house.  Also, breakfast for dinner was a huge hit last week and it has been requested to be on the menu again this week.

So this week's menu is:

Cedar Plank Fish
Chicken Tacos
Grilled Pork Steaks
Breakfast (back by popular demand)
Grilled Chicken with Grilled Corn, Poblano, and Black Bean Salad
Hamburgers

We didn't get to have the Cedar Plank Fish last week, and since we are land-locked and almost all of our fish comes frozen, it didn't hurt to put it off until this week.  We are also having hamburgers again this week to use up the buns, etc. that we didn't need last week.  Both of those things will definitely help out my $100 budget!

2 comments:

  1. Breakfast is an absolute favorite at my house. I have never had complaints when the menu features breakfast. And somehow breaking the food "rules" by serving it for dinner makes it even more delicious.

    Re: your question about cooked chicken from a few weeks ago. Chicken noodle soup. Even in this heat. My husband loves, loves, loves it. So do my kids. Super-easy homemade noodles make them feel like kings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another request for breakfast for dinner again this week. I think two weeks in a row is enough for now. Maybe it will be back next week.

      Chicken noodle soup is definitely a winner in this house as well. But I just can't make myself do it in this heat. I'm glad you can. It opens up so many more options if you are willing to eat soups in the summer.

      Delete