Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Menu for 11/30

Another week is upon us and after the craziness of last week, I'm ready to start cooking at home again.  We are going to be at home for 5 meals this week, so planning wasn't too bad.  Since the meal plan from last week barely got looked at, there are still two meals that I was going to do that we weren't home to have.

After scanning the grocery ads for this week, I saw that other than a few stock-up items, there wasn't a whole lot that was going to help out with keeping the grocery costs down this week.  I have to check to see what we have before I go to the store, but I'm guessing that half of our protein is coming out of our freezer.  One thing that I did see on sale for this week was avocados.  I love avocados.  Seriously love them.  So one of the big considerations this week was planning for at least one meal that needed avocados.  Here is what I came up with:

Lasagna
Chicken Club Soup (for my avocado fix)

You will see that this a very much a Cooking Light week.  It is one of the few magazines that I actually keep around.  I like having something on hand that I can flip through for inspiration when I need it.  I have gone through a lot of our standard meals and am ready to get something new on the table.  I also find it interesting how I don't even notice one recipe the first time through, but a month or two later, it fits just right into my menu plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment