Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Grocery costs

I had more staples that needed to be purchased this week than I normally do.  It just seems to happen that way some times, doesn't it?  Even though I knew my staples would be higher, I went ahead and bought ahead on some deals that my store had going on.  Going over budget a bit now will end up saving money later as long as I manage my pantry well.  I did end up over budget a little for this week.  Not too terrible, but something to keep an eye on to make sure it doesn't become routine.  Normally I would cut the splurge purchases, but I bought those in my first shopping trip and didn't realize yet that I was going to be over budget.

So here is where it all went:

Breakfast: $9.77
Lunch: $6.97
Dinner: $30.12
Staples: $29.70
Buying ahead: $4.47
Splurge: $12.48
We also had dinner one night with some friends, so I picked up some beverages to share at a cost of $6.99.

All together with tax, the grocery costs for this week come out to $108.91.

No comments:

Post a Comment