Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekly Menu for 7/15

Vacation is over and I'm now looking forward at another week.  We had a great time, took it easy, and enjoyed our time together as a family.  What did we eat?  Well, I decided to keep things simple, so we grilled several times, I made a large pasta salad, and we had stuff to make quick and easy lunches.  Between grilling and the pasta salad, we had plenty to last us for the few days and nights we were out of the house.

So now looking at the week ahead, I'm starting my menu planning from scratch.  I know frequently we have leftovers to use or a meal that didn't get made from the week before, but this week doesn't have those things that I need to keep in mind.  We are going to be away from home 2 nights, so this week's menu will have 5 meals on it.  Our $100 budget should get us through this week without any problems.  So this week we are going to have:

Fish Tacos
Grill Something
Smoke Something (Pulled Pork and Ribs.  Awesome!)
Veggie Fried Rice

There is nothing new about the menu for this week.  I think I need to shake my meal planning up a bit.  I'll be searching my cooking magazines and online to find at least one new menu item to try out for next week.  Do you have any ideas?  Is there anything new that you are looking to try out?

I know it has been a while since I've posted an accounting of grocery costs.  My goal is to get that done next week.  It's one thing to say that I'm trying to stay within my budget, but I know it helps to show exactly where the money is being spent.  Breaking it down like I do really shows me if I'm spending more than I need in any one area and where I can cut costs.

2 comments:

  1. Kroger's mailer included a recipe for a dip made from carrots. An American's attempt at hummus, I'm guessing. It looks good, though. I have all the ingredients on hand. Just need time & gumption now. If I try it, I'll let you know. Summer brings out my picnic side. I'm a big fan of sandwiches, cheese, sausage, crackers, dips, etc. Anything cool & eaten with fingers, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to tell me how the carrot dip turns out. Sounds interesting. What else does it have in it?

      Yeah, there's nothing quite like summer to inspire my cold, easy-to-eat, and no-cooking meals. :)

      Delete