Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekly Menu for 7/22

This week is supposed to be crazy hot!  I hope you are able to stay cool.  My plan right now is to generate as little heat in my house as possible.  One of my meals does require the oven to be on for a few minutes, but nothing major.  Other than that, most of the cooking is either minimal, or on the grill.

The sales my stores are running this week make my menu easy on my $100 budget, which is always nice.  Also helping out my budget is that my husband won't be home for dinner one night, so that will be leftover night for me and the kids.  Thank goodness for leftovers!  There isn't much that causes my desire to cook to drop faster than it just being me and the kids.  I'm sure it is mostly laziness, but I know the fact that the kids would be perfectly happy with chicken nuggets plays a part as well.

On the menu for this week is:

Grill Something
Breakfast (waffles, bacon, and eggs)
Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
Beef Sate with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Club Sandwiches
Cedar Plank Fish (making this up as I go)

I'm making use of having extra bacon from breakfast which is why the club sandwiches made the menu plan for this week.  I'm also going to double the waffle recipe so that we have extra waffles to keep in the freezer for breakfast for the kids.

I know I'll have leftover rotisserie chicken from the pasta salad, so I'm planning on taking that and freezing it until I figure out what to do with it.  Don't be surprised to see something next week that calls for rotisserie chicken.  What do you like to do with cooked chicken?  I'm still on the hunt for a couple of great new recipes.

Update:  I got my grocery costs for this week added up.  You can check out how I did here.

No comments:

Post a Comment