Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Slacker

Well, it was bound to happen.  Once every couple of months, I get burned out on menu planning.  It happens.  In those times, I fall back on whatever we have on hand as well as take care of meals on a day-by-day basis.  Maybe I should push through and keep on with the planning, but it does seem like I come out on the other side with more energy and ideas for our menus.

So obviously, this is one of those times.  After taking a week and a half off of menu planning, I'm about ready to get back into my regular routine and get back on track.  I will say, the break has been nice.  I'm sure my husband doesn't think so since "we have no food in the house", but I was beginning to feel like I was spending a lot of my time thinking about dinners.  When menu planning gets that time-consuming, it is time to take a break.

Instead of struggling to come up with things to eat, I'm now looking forward to putting several items on the menu for next week.  So I'm going to finish out my week of laziness and come back next week with a renewed energy for feeding myself and my family.

In the meantime, what are you having? I could use some ideas for the next couple of days! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment