Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Grocery costs

All of the groceries have been purchased, and like I suspected, I am over budget.  As you'll see, my buying ahead is going to be a lot more this time than it usually is.  The great sales at my store are over now, so this time next week, my weekly budget and menu plan should look a lot better.

The grand total spent was $126.28.  Here's where it all went:

Breakfast: $2.69
Lunch: $3.53
Dinner: $34.21
Staples: $40.71
Buying Ahead: $29.08
Splurge: $3.29 (chocolate so I can make cookies.  Yum!)


I also bought a basil plant for $2.49.  If I can keep it alive (my gardening skills will never be worthy of a blog), it should end up saving us money.  Even if I only use it once, we've broken even.

So, I am over budget, but next week should find me under.  And almost $20 of the buying ahead is in the form of coffee.  That alone will save us almost $5 a week for probably the next two months.

I know this cost post is getting out late.  A combination of bad math and my kids kept me from getting it out in a timely manner.  Keep a look out later today or tomorrow for my menu planning for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment