Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekly Menu for 5/27

Happy day after Memorial Day!  I hope you had a great long weekend and were able to enjoy any time off that you had.  We ended up doing some projects around the house and then relaxing together as a family.  Did you do anything fun?

This week's menu will have a few familiar-looking menu items on it.  Because we ended up having to change our dinner plans on two different occasions the week before, two meals got bumped to this week's menu.  No worries, though.  That's actually one of the benefits of buying ahead and having some meats in the freezer.  Because the main ingredients hadn't been thawed yet, I was able to hold those meals until this week.  So you will see the Cashew Chicken and Pork with Apples again this week.

Another repeat this week is Hamburgers.  We had leftover hamburger buns, and I hate to have food go to waste.  So we're having hamburgers again this week.  Not that anyone minds.  My kids love burgers, and they are a favorite of mine as well.  I'll have to have my husband guest post some time and tell you what he does with them.  His recipe for burgers is easy, and oh so tasty.  I have to say that I enjoy the fact that I can just pick up some ground beef, and then dinner magically gets done.  :)

One other thing to note, we have dinner plans one night this week and we will be eating out one night this week.  So, that means 5 things on our weekly menu plan.  Eating out is helpful for my weekly grocery budget, but we do have to remember to keep our eating out budget under control (yes, we have one of those, too).  Keeping to my $100 grocery budget for this week shouldn't be a problem at all.

On to the menu for this week:

Hamburgers
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
Grill Something


The Spinach and Artichoke Pasta is something that I'm going to be making up as I go along.  If it is any good, I'll post the recipe for you.

I will say, one of the benefits of having Grill Something on the menu plan each week is that it is a perfect thing to have on holidays such as yesterday. Sure enough, that's what we did.  Steaks with garlic bread and corn on the cob.  Yum!

What are you looking forward to having this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment