Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekly Menu for 5/20

Things are warming up, and we are starting to use our grill a lot more.  Pretty much from here until the end of summer, you will see a regular item on my menu for each week.  That would be: Grill Something.  Very specific, I know.  My husband loves to grill and I love grilled food, so we are a good match.  Pretty much when the plan is to grill something, we choose either something that sounds good or is on a good sale.  Also, Grill Something is prepared with a fresh vegetable side.  You can see that I'm big on advance planning when it comes to grill night. :)

Other than Grill Something, the menu planning strategy is the same as it was before.  Of course, I'm trending toward menu items that are a little lighter on the palate and generally a little quicker to prepare so that I'm not heating up the kitchen too much.  It is definitely okay to take kitchen temperature into consideration when you do your meal planning!

So this week, we are having:

Taco Salad
Grill Something +Vegetable
Pizza
Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice
Hamburgers
Pork Medallions with Maple-Glazed Apples


This is going to be an expensive week, though not because of the menu planned.  Right now, my grocery store is having fabulous sales.  This week, I'm going to be stock up on all sorts of stuff, including the coffee that we prefer.  Everything else should be fine, but the coffee is going to put me over budget.  But I should see the savings in the upcoming weeks when I don't have those expenditures.

So what are you eating this week?  I'm always looking for new meals to try, and I would love to hear what you are having.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making spaghetti & meatballs for my boys and their babysitter before going out for an anniversary dinner with my husband. Have you ever heard of spaghetti & meatballs? If not, I can share my recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for date night! Hmm . . . spaghetti and meatballs. Sounds familiar. And delicious. Maybe that should be on the menu for the upcoming week.

      Delete